Follow on Instagram

Monday, December 18, 2017

Artisan and Fox



















I recently teamed up with an online market place named Artisan and Fox to share with you a little about their story and some of the goods they offer. I was immediately impressed with their mission which is to give artisans from places like Nepal, Guatemala, Afghanistan, Mexico, and Kenya and create sustainable ethical fashion paired with extraordinary craftsmanship to one marketplace. These talented makers are given fair prices as well as an opportunity for economic growth and a platform to empower other artisans alike. The fashion industry is such a big world and if given any opportunity I am happy to support a company that gives back into communities that have faced hardship. 
One of my favorite things about their site is you can actually read about the artisan that created your unique item. This was so fun for me, it was so much more than a package with jewelry and clothing, it was like my friends handmade me an item from across the world that I was anticipating opening it! I was so excited when I received my NYA Pendant and Threads of Syria scarf, which also included a few cards that highlighted Artisan and Fox's philosophy as well as a small card that shared where each item is specifically from and the name of the artisan. It was such a beautiful sentiment, and I all of a sudden felt a connection with Ojiko, a man in Kenya that made this beautiful handcrafted pendant. It felt like so much more than just any piece of jewelry.
If you've followed me long enough you probably know I love my pops of red, which isn't a surprise why this Threads of Syria scarf was so perfect. Like all of the products this scarf too is handmade but what is slightly more unique than the other products is that this scarf was hand made by Malak in a refugee camp in Lebanon. These Syrian women are living in refugee camps after fleeing from their homes due to violence, but Artisan and Fox is giving these women and opportunity for education and community development. All of profits go directly to refugees and their communities. If you're interested in reading more about their story and Threads of Syria here


I'm happy to share a 10% off code with all of you! Use code 'GIFTOFGAB10'



No comments:

Post a Comment